1st Sep 2014
The Delhi Development Authority has launched its much-awaited housing scheme for 25,034 flats. More than 90 per cent of flats are one-bed room apartments located mainly across Rohini, Dwarka and Narela. The costliest flat at Rs. 1.21 crore is a three bedroom apartment located in Motia Khan in central Delhi.
Here’s all that you need to know about DDA Housing Scheme 2014:
1. Who can apply: The scheme has opened today (September 1) and will close on October 9, 2014. All Indian citizens above 18 years of age can apply. Applicants must not own any plot/flat in Delhi in their or their spouse’s name or in the name of dependent children. Both husband and wife can apply separately, but if both are successful, only one can retain the flat. One person can submit one application.
2. DDA has for the first time introduced a five-year lock-in period for ownership of flats. The agency says it will not execute the conveyance deed with flat buyers for five years. In simple terms, the agency will not transfer rights to own the property for five years. (Read the full story here)
3. Permanent account number (PAN) must for application except for economically weaker section (EWS) category. No other document needed at the time of application.
4. Registration fee and mode of payment: Rs. 1 lakh through bankers’ cheque or demand draft of any bank in favour of DDA Housing payable at Delhi/New Delhi. For online applications, payment through NEFT/RTGS/net banking is applicable. Payment through cheques, multiple bankers’ cheque or multiple demand draft, credit or debit card is not acceptable.
5. Online applications can be done through the following banks: i) Kotak Mahindra Bank ii) Axis Bank iii) State Bank of India iv) Punjab National Bank v) Syndicate Bank vi) IndusInd Bank vii) Union Bank of India viii) IDBI Bank ix) ICICI Bank x) Yes Bank xi) HDFC Bank xii) Corporation Bank xiii) Central Bank of India.
6. New flats are in advanced stage of completion, DDA says. They are located in,
I. MIG: i) Mukherjee Nagar (112 flats between Rs. 69.25 lakh to Rs. 69.60 lakh); ii) Narela A9 (384 flats for Rs. 67.38 lakh); iii) Kalyan Vihar (16 flats between Rs. 42 lakh to Rs. 49 lakh)
II. LIG: i) Dwarka Sector 23 B (2360 flats between Rs. 17.76 lakh to Rs. 18 lakh); ii) Rohini sector 34 and 35 (10,875 flats between Rs. 15 lakh to Rs. 15.25 lakh); iii) Narela G2 & G8 (6422 flats between Rs. 14.70 lakh to Rs. 14.94 lakh); iv) Siraspur and Narela: 2920 flats (Rs. 20.31 lakh); v) Rohini sector 16 (50 flats between Rs. 20.73 lakh to Rs. 21.93 lakh)
7. DDA has put 811 old flats for sale. These flats will be restored to their original condition before handing over the possession, the agency says.
8. Details of old flats:
I. HIG: i) Rohini Sector 18 (5 flats from Rs. 60.5 lakh to Rs. 69.37 lakh); ii) Jasola (4 flats priced at Rs. 1.09 crore each); iii) Mukherjee Nagar (1 flat for Rs. 1.11 crore); iv) Rohini sector 29 (9 flats between Rs. 92.6 lakh to Rs. 96 lakh); v) Shalimar Bagh (1 flat for Rs. 37.50 lakh); vi) Motia Khan (1 flat for Rs. 1.21 crore).
II. MIG: i) Rohini phase IV (19 flats between Rs. 32.55 and Rs. 48.53 lakh); ii) Rohini, Kalkaji, Kondli Gharoli, Mansarover Park, East of Loni Road and Jhilmil Colony (8 flats between Rs. 32.47 and Rs. 71.42 lakh); iii) Narela (12 flats between Rs. 28.76 lakh and Rs. 38.43 lakh)
III. LIG: i) Rohini (81 flats between Rs. 14.57 lakh and Rs. 27.57 lakh); ii) Dwarka and Nasirpur (2 flats for Rs. 19.25 lakh and Rs. 21.53 lakh); iii) Jasola, Molarbund (24 flats between Rs. 15.38 lakh to Rs. 27.85 lakh); iv) Loknayak Puram, Paschim Vihar (234 flats between Rs. 16.58 lakh and Rs. 19 lakh); v) Jafrabad, Dilshad Garden, Kondli Gharoli, East of Loni Road (69 flats between Rs. 14.80 to Rs. 27.63 lakh); vi) Narela (41 flats between Rs. 14.3 to Rs. 16.81 lakh)
9. There are 700 flats under EWS category. For applying for these flats, income should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh per year. Application fee is Rs. 10,000 and there is no requirement of PAN number.
10. Reservation: 15 per cent for SC, 7.5 per cent for ST, 1 per cent for war widows, 3 per cent for disabled, 1 per cent for ex-servicemen.